Spring is here! That means it’s time to stop hemmin' and hawin' and get after some home maintenance projects. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
• Get down and dirty by scrubbing those baseboards, trim, doors, walls, and handles.
• Scared to look at those air filters after the long winter? Take a deep breath and swap them out with fresh new ones.
• Clean the blinds slate-by-slate (yes, it’s a PAIN) and wash, or easier yet, dry-clean window treatments.
• Get the grime and slime off kitchen cabinets with a top-to-bottom wipe down.
• Flip mattresses and, while you’re at it, wash ALL your bed linens (mattress pads and pillow shams included).
• Have a look at your gutters and downspouts for winter damage and debris especially after our ATX snowcalypse (You may want a buddy to hold the ladder.)
• Inspect wooden decks, railings, windowsills, and steps for damage or rot.
• Pressure wash patios, decks, driveway, and outdoor furniture.
• Tune-up any lawn maintenance equipment (hope that everything will crank)
• Clear the front entryway of bugs and cobwebs. Go on and throw up a colorful spring wreath and welcome mat, too!
Whip your home into shape ASAP so you’ll be ready to kick up your feet and enjoy that beautiful but short lived spring ATX weather!